Monday, April 29, 2013

Texas Longhorn Birthday Card!!

1/10/13

Hey Everyone,

I hope your Monday is going great so far!! I had a pretty good weekend!! Friday night I stayed up for the Cricut Midnight madness sale.  It was a little frustrating because the site was a wee bit slow, but I stuck thru. I ended up getting 3 cartridges that night: Nursery Rhymes, Life's a Party, and Lacy Labels. The next day I ended up ordering the Dreams come True Cartridge because my sister is redoing her bathroom to be an Ocean/Little Mermaid theme and we can use the cartridge for it. Then I went to Joann's just to grab a sheet of paper and seen in there clearance some cricut cartridges and got a few of those. I got Terese Collins Sophistcated and Disney Classics. Then yesterday my sister and I went shopping around. We had fun and came home and sponge painted her bathroom.

So the beginning of January, I went to Hobby Lobby and found a making Memories Slice machine and the memory cards for it, for a real good deal. It was $36.00 for the main machine and $6.36  or so for the memory cards. One of the memory cards was Happy Trails. It had a Texas Longhorn on it and I thought it would be perfect for my brother's birthday that was coming up. So today I'm taking you back to a Texas Longhorn card I completed 1/10/13.
I cut the longhorn out in white and then cut a bigger one out to create a shadow in black. Then I cut out the happy birthday the same way. I inked the edges in orange. The card itself I did black with orange on top and I inked the orange with black. I hope you like the card!! I'm so excited about some projects that I am currently working on, I can't wait to finish them to see how they turn out. Thanks for taking the time to view my blog!! : )

~Amanda~ : )

No comments:

Post a Comment