Monday, April 15, 2013

Dreams!!

“For the Lord God does nothing without revealing his secret to his servants the prophets." Amos 3:7

I just love the song Even if it Breaks your Heart by the Eli Young band. My Favorite part of the whole song is when they say
" Keep on Dreaming even if it breaks your heart
Some dreams stay with you Forever
Drag you round and bring you back to where you were
Some Dreams keep on getting better
Gotta keep believing if you want to know for sure"

I've always had a close relationship with God since I was little, but over the past few years my relationship has gotten even closer. I've gotten to know him and realize that he is for me and not against me. About four years ago, I had an awesome dream. One that in a million years I couldn't have come up with it or even thought it could happen. I can't seem to get this dream out of my heart or my head. So for the past couple of years I struggled, was it just a dream, did I come up with it, is it from God. Finally a couple of years ago, I realized that the dream was not a dream, but a vision from God of something to come. After I got that I was so excited about it.
Now that I knew the vision was from God and that it would happen, things started happening to make me try to doubt or to give up. Last year at the end of January to the beginning of Feburary the attacks were pretty strong. At one point I thought about giving up and didn't know if I could go on anymore, but I had fought almost three years for this dream. I wasn't about to give up on it just because it had gotten harder for me to bear. It seems that I hear from God most when I sleep at night in my dreams. Last August I had, had a dream where a girl was afraid and she was about to give up and I was in the dream talking to this girl telling her that if she gave up that the enemy would win. I told her she needed to get up and dust herself off and smile and have fun and not let the enemy see he won. That she needed to just do it and do it even if she was afraid and to not care what others think about her. I feel that this was God speaking to me. That dream really helped me because I started getting afraid and I felt led to take some steps and do somethings that I'm not necessarily comfortable doing, but I knew that God was wanting me to do them. Sometimes you have to do things that you've never did before, in order to get the things that you have always dreamed about. So I jumped out of my comfort zone and I jumped into the faith zone. I got even closer to God because I needed to know I was doing his will and not my own. I've been pushing and pushing towards the goal. Sometimes you want it so bad and you feel a bit impatient and then other times you think about it happening and it freaks you out because you've never thought it was possible, but with God all things are possible.  Through it all though I've had one steady rock that just helps me to be patient and helps to calm my fears. That would my bestest Friend in the whole wide world God!! So the past few months there are times that it seems like it's about to happen and then something else happens to make my steps falter. At first I admit I was frustrated and it would tear me up, but the more I lean on God and trust him and his timing the less these things are affecting me. So for the past month or so I have felt really strongly that it's about to happen. Things are lining up and everything is looking good. So the other day another one of those things that are suppose to make me waver happened and it didn't even faze me. I'm so full of Gods peace and know without a shadow of a doubt that it's going to happen and that nothing is going to stop it from happening. The enemy fights hardest before the victory and I believe that victory is right around the corner. I have never fought so hard in my life for anything as much as I have this. It has been hard, but in it all I have learned about my best Friend God and got to know him so much!! : ) I have also learned how determined and strong I am!! Not only have I been dealing with just that dream, but struggling with many different things at once. When I felt as if I had victory in one area then something else would happen in another area. All those other things though, I've been having victories in lately!! I trust God and know that he has a good plan for me and that it will happen with his timing and it will be perfect! The whole point of this post though is to let you know that if you have a dream, whether it be a dream you dream of at night or a dream of something you want to pursue. (Like going to Hawaii lol I'm determined I will be going there someday!!! : )) Don't ever and I mean ever give up that dream. God puts dreams in your heart, so that you pursue them because he has given you the ability to achieve that dream. Speak positive words about that dream because your words have life and death. Never say it's not going to happen because then it won't. Always believe there is a way for it to happen. Trust that if God brought you to it, he will bring you through it. It might take a while for it to happen, but just keep pursing them and don't stop until you get your dream. It might get hard and tough, but dig your heels in and say I'm not giving up until it happens. And once you get your dream, dream another dream and purse it!!
Thanks for taking the time to read my blog!!
~Amanda~ : )
P.S. Keep on Dreaming even if it breaks your Heart!! ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment