Thursday, April 11, 2013

Stevie Ray Vaughan Mother's Day Card!

Hey Everyone,

I hope you all are doing great today! I'm doing good. Ok today's card that I'm showing you is a card I made for my mom for Mother's Day last year. I completed this 5/13/2012. Originally, I wanted to make it for her, for her birthday, but I didn't think I had enough time to do it for her birthday. So I ended up making it for Mother's Day instead. And the funny thing is it didn't take that long to do at all. Anyway, my mom loves Stevie Ray Vaughan, she's constantly listening to his music. So as I noticed a couple of months back I tend to try to make cards that are based on things that, that particular person loves. So I set out to try to make Stevie Ray Vaughan. I hand cut out and made Stevie Ray Vaughan gave him a little necklace and a signature hat that he wore. Then I used the Indie Art Cartridge for the guitar and made the little music notes on his guitar strap.  (I put the music notes on without looking and put them on backwards lol) I chalked the background and cut out music notes.
My mom was speechless and absolutely loved it. I guess you can say I enjoy seeing my loved ones reactions when I give them a card. It's one of the ways I enjoy saying I love them by creating something that would mean a lot to them. Thanks for taking the time to view my creation.

~Amanda~

No comments:

Post a Comment