Wednesday, March 6, 2013

My First Scrapbook Layout!!

And he has filled him with the Spirit of God, with skill, with intelligence, with knowledge, and with all craftsmanship, to devise artistic designs, to work in gold and silver and bronze, in cutting stones for setting, and in carving wood, for work in every skilled craft. (Exodus 35:31-33)

Hello Bloggers,

 
 
 




 
I wanted to show you guys the first scrapbook layouts I did, so that you can see what I started out doing. When I tell you that I only have the talent because God's grace is on my life, I truly mean it. The pictures above are my first Scrapbook layouts I ever made in January 2008. The first two pictures are the Sticker Scrapbook layouts that my mom wanted me to do. I really didn't feel them because they were to plain and boring for me.
 So I got to work making a Easter layout, which I completed on March 25th 2008.  First, I came up with the exact idea of what I wanted to do and got to work trying to make what I visualized. The layout took me six weeks to make, probably because of the grass. (HaHa) I didn't have a cricut and didn't know what one was at the time. I got my cricut about a year or two later. (Yay!!) The layout is a picture of a little girl bear swinging in the swing and her friend is walking along the path heading her way. I hand cut out every little piece and inked the tree to make it look like bark.
 When I was done, I actually liked the layout because I thought it looked so good compared to the sticker ones. Once I started making more scrapbook layouts though, I saw how horrible it really looked. I think the basic concept was there it's just a bit messy, but hey it's a start right? I love details in my scrapbook pages and cards. I really don't like the simple easy look, it's just not my style. I do enjoy though looking at others' scrapbook pages and cards because they inspire me.
 I'll be posting more scrapbook layouts in a few days. : ) Thanks for taking the time to view my blog or adding me. : )
~Amanda~ : )

No comments:

Post a Comment