Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Father's Day Project!!


Hebrews 12:7
Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as sons. For what son is not disciplined by his father?



Hey Everyone,

I have another older Project to share with you guys today. This project was completed 6/17/2011. It was a Father's Day project for my dad. It took me about a month to complete the project for my dad. When I initially started the project it was going to be a motorcycle card. My dad has a big dog chopper and he loves it, so I wanted to make a card with the motorcycle on it. LoL once I got started though it turned out way bigger than I anticipated, so I made it and framed it for him. I started probably the week after Mother's Day and I just completed it few days before Father's Day!!
 I have to say, I have always had a creative mind and imagination, but I know in my heart that I could not be making these projects without God touching my hands with his creativity. While doing this project, I was blown away at how it was turning out and in the end how it came out. Never in a million years would I have thought I could have did that. Nor would I have been able too if it wasn't for God.

When making it I only used the cricut for the circle wheel shape and the inner wheels I cut out a pattern on the Indie Art cartridge. Then I used an xacto knife to make the diamond shape pattern. I wanted to add some bling to the bike to make it pop, so I used some Swarvoski crystals on the tail light and blinker and a crystal element for the headlight. And for the background I used the Diamond plate Cuttlebug folder.

Since it's after Father's Day, I can tell you my dad's reaction. He was awed and I think a bit speechless. He asked how I did it? And when I said Happy's Father's Day he said Happy Father's Day back like he was still in unbelief. So it was a pretty meaningful gift !!

I am also so very thankful to the ultimate Father God!! I love him so much and know that I wouldn't be who I am today without him, leading me and guiding me. I am so thankful for all the things he has been doing in my life the past couple of years. I know that sometimes I want out of certain situations and pray to get out of them. Though, when I look back a few months after those situations, I'm a better person for having went through them. They teach me and help me grow into the person that I am today. I know sometimes I need to let go and just trust my Father God to do what he wants to do in my life. He really does know what is best for me. So Thanks God for all that you have did, are doing, and going to do in my life.

I hope you enjoyed this project as much as I have!! Thanks for taking the time to view my blog!
~Amanda~ : )

No comments:

Post a Comment