Monday, February 25, 2013

Faith by Heavenly Designs

Hello Everyone,

Now Faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. (Hebrews 11:1)


I decided to change my blog name from Tropic Krafts to Faith by Heavenly Designs. I wanted to blog my work in the order that I created the projects, so I decided to start fresh. I still have the old posts, but I will revisit those projects in the order that I completed them. I also wanted to include posts about my weight or subjects that I felt strongly about.
 I wanted to change my blog name to something different and it took me a little bit to figure it out.  I decided to go with Faith by Heavenly Designs, let me explain why I named my blog this. Almost four years ago, I started a journey that changed my life dramatically. Over the past almost four years, I have lost 134 pounds and I owe it all to God. I use to weigh 274 pounds and I was scared and miserable. I tried to lose weight before, but all that happened was I lost 10 pounds or just maintained my current weight. I was experiencing chest pains at night and I was so scared about dying. I didn't know if they were heart attacks or heart burns because I really didn't know the difference. I didn't tell anybody because I didn't want to scare them so, I just suffered through it in silence. Hoping it would go away. I got desperate though and knew that I needed a change. I prayed to God and asked him to give me the dedication, motivation, and inspiration to lose weight. Then I wrote a letter to my fat, saying we had been friends far too long and though it had given me company, I no longer wanted to be friends. I had to many fears being fat and it held me hostage in fear far too long. So God came in and he inspired and motivated me and provided me with the dedication to lose weight. When I started the journey though, I told no one because before whenever I had started I only got so far and stopped. This time I wanted to go all the way. For years, I had always visualized and wondered what it would be like to be skinny. I started the journey having faith in God and his ability to work through me. About the same time I started my weight loss journey, God placed another dream in my heart. Both these things required a great amount of faith. Over the past 3 3/4 years, I have grown closer to God than I have ever been in my entire life.  In order for me to believe the dreams that God placed in my heart, I had to stretch my faith like never before. There are times when the situation looks impossible, but during those times I draw even closer to God and get to know him and his word and see how faithful he really is. "For with man it is impossible, but with God all things are possible." (Matthew 19:26) So, Faith became a big part of my life and I wanted that to be in my blog name. So my blog name to me represents Faith by God's plans.

Let me walk you through the pictures above. The first picture was taken 5 days before I started my weight loss journey. When I first saw that picture after I took it, I couldn't believe my face it looked huge. Probably another reason I wanted to start losing weight. Ha Ha. The second picture was taken in August 2009. (The Same year) I wanted you guys to see a full body shot, however in that picture I had lost about 25-30 pounds already. The next picture was taken in October 2011. I'll be writing more posts about my weight loss journey and include more pics in another post. I thank you for taking the time to view my blog and I will be posting more soon.
~Amanda~ : )

No comments:

Post a Comment